Samantha Ruth Prabhu Biography, Age, Birth & Family, Career, Physical Status, Early Life and Family and more
Samantha Ruth Prabhu is a popular Indian actress who especially works in Tamil and Telugu film industries. She is also considered as one of the highest paid south Indian actresses who has been a recipient of several awards, including, six South Indian International Movie Awards, four Filmfare Awards South and two Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Awards.
Early Life and Family
Samantha Ruth Prabhu was born on 28 April,1987 in Pallavaram in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Her father Joseph Prabhu, Telugu and her mother Ninette Prabhu from Alappuzha, Kerala. She even has two elder brothers named Jonathan Prabhu and David Prabhu.
Born and brought up in Pallavaram in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, Samantha is fluent in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and English language. Even she considers herself as Tamilian. She did her schooling from Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School and then completed a degree in commerce at Stella Maris College, Chennai, India.
|Name||Samantha Ruth Prabhu|
|Nickname||Yasodha, Yasho, Sam|
|Full Name||Samantha Ruth Prabhu|
|Date of birth||28 April, 1987|
|Age||35 years (as of 2022)|
|Place of Birth||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Profession||Indian Actress, Model, Popular South Indian Star|
|School||Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai|
|College/University||Stella Maris College, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Commerce|
|Parents||Father: Joseph Prabhu|
Mother: Ninette Prabhu
|Siblings||Jonathan, David (older)|
|Hobbies||Reading, listening to music, Shopping, Gymming|
- It was towards the end of her undergraduate college degree she became involved in modelling and started working with Naidu Hall, through which she was first spotted by filmmaker Ravi Varman.
- Samantha began acting career with her first professional film with Gautham Vasudev Menon’s Telugu film, Ye Maaya Chesave in 2010.
- “Ye Maaya Chesave” fetched her the Filmfare Award for Best Debut Actress and a Nandi Award and turned her into a star.
- Next, Samantha followed up her collaborations with Gautham Menon and A. R. Rahman by making an appearance in the music video for the World Classical Tamil Conference 2010 promotional song, “Semmozhiyaana Tamizh Mozhiyaam”, which was composed by Rahman and directed by Menon.
- Her next release was the romantic drama, Baana Kaathadi (2010), opposite Adharvaa.
- There Prabhu portrayed a student of the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), the first ever role in the Tamil cinema industry. Her next release was Ravi Varman’s Moscowin Kavery in 2010, which was originally the first film she began working on.
- Samantha then went on to role in Vamsi Paidipally’s Telugu film Brindavanam in which she had a supporting role alongside popular actors Kajal Aggarwal and NTR Jr .
- She also appeared in a big budget Telugu film, Dookudu in 2012 alongside Mahesh Babu, considering it as one of the most successful Telugu films of all time.
- At the Filmfare Awards ceremony celebrating South Indian films of 2012, Samantha subsequently won the Best Actress awards for both the Tamil and Telugu film industries for her performances in Neethane En Ponvasantham and Eega.
- Then she appeared in telugu film, Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu in 2013 alongside Venkatesh and Mahesh Babu, which won multiple positive reviews and was commercially successful.
- The movie Jabardasth in 2013 with Siddharth in which she played the role of a wedding planner, but became a commercial failure, though many critics stated that she is “getting better by the day and it’s a delight to watch her on screen”
- Later on she appeared in the family drama, Attarintiki Daredi 2013 that emerged as the highest-grossing Telugu film.
- In 2014, her first release saw Samantha portray a dual role in the family drama film Manam in 2014, where she featured alongside several members of the Akkineni film family.
- She appeared in the long-delayed film Autonagar Surya in 2014 with Naga Chaitanya .her other films were films Alludu Seenu and Rabhasa.
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu then featured in her second dual role as a part of Vijay Milton’s road film, 10 Endrathukulla (2015), where she appeared opposite Vikram.
- Not only this, Samantha’s first release of 2016 was in the Tamil romantic drama film Bangalore Naatkal, where she stepped into a guest appearance.
- In the year 2018, she had a successful venture with Rangasthalam which went on to be the all-time Telugu Blockbuster super hit only behind Baahubali 2: The Conclusion and Baahubali: The Beginning.
- A movie named Oh! Baby released on 5 July 2019 and also Samantha appeared in a women centric role in the film U-Turn.
- She was next seen in another successful film Majili.
- Chaitanya and Samantha’s fourth collaboration after Ye Maaya Chesave, Manam, and Autonagar Surya and their first collaboration after their marriage.
- Next the film Jaanu was released in 2020 where she portrayed the role of “Janaki Devi ”.
- In 2021, she performed her first dance number in the film, Pushpa: The Rise with Allu Arjun in the song “Oo Antava Oo Oo Antava ” and became number one trending video on youtube.
- Her pan-India film titled Yashoda, produced by Sridevi Movies will be released on August 12, 2022
Physical Status and More
|Eye color||Hazel Brown|
If you want to know anything else about Samantha Ruth Prabhu. Please comment below we will try to provide information.