Sadhguru Biography, Age, Birth & Family, Career, Physical Status, Early Life and Family and more
Sadhguru’s real name is Jagadish “Jaggi” Vasudev is an Indian proponent Spiritual leader and a yoga guru. In South Indian. He has been teaching yoga since 1982. In 1992 he founded the Isha Foundation near Coimbatore where he runs a yoga centre and an ashram along with his educational activities.
Early Life and Birth
Jagadish Vasudev was born on September 3, 1957 in Mysore, Karnataka,India. He is the youngest of five children of housewife Sushila Vasudeva and B.V. Doctor Vasudev of the Mysore Railway Hospital. His paternal great-grandmother is Kuntamma, who is said to have built the temple. His grandfather was a rich man with a house of great ancestral culture.
Thirteen-year-old Vasudev had no spiritual aspirations, but took daily yoga classes from Malladihalli Raghavendra throughout his childhood.
After studying at Mysore Demonstration School and Mahajana Pre-University College, Vasudev obtained a BA in English from the University of Mysore despite low attendance and rude attitude towards learning. Contrary to the wishes of his parents, he refused to go to graduate school and went into his business.
|Full Name||Jagadish Vasudev|
|Date of birth||3 September, 1957|
|Place of Birth||Mysore, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Mysore, Karnataka, India|
|Profession||Yoga guru, Spiritual Leader|
|School||Demonstration School, Mysore|
|College/University||Mahajana Pre-University College|
|Parents name||Sushila Vasudeva and B.V. Doctor Vasudev|
- Vasudev’s first ever business was a poultry farm in a distant area of Mysore and he founded it with borrowed money. While building the farm, he also started the construction business with Buildaids.
- At the age of 25, he borrowed a business from a dear friend and traveled for about a year. According to Vasudev, his main motivation for starting his business was a desire to travel and explore the world.
- In 1983 he taught his first yoga class in Mysore. Over time, he began leading yoga classes around Karnataka and Hyderabad, traveling by motorcycle, living on produce from a poultry farm, and donating collections received from different students.
- On September 23, 1982, at the age of 25, he climbed Chamundi Hill and sat on a rock to have a ‘spiritual experience’.
- Not only this about a year of meditation and traveling, he also decided to teach yoga to share his inner experiences.
- In 1983 he held his first yoga class in Mysore with 7 participants. Over time, he began teaching yoga classes in the states of Karnataka and Hyderabad, traveled by motorcycle, ate at a poultry farm and donated tuition received from students on the last day of class to local charities.
- It was in the year 1992 Sadhguru founded the “Isha Foundation”, an organization headquartered near the city of Coimbatore as a platform for his spiritual and various other educational activities .He remains that head to this day. This organization offers a yoga program called “Isha Yoga” and is run “almost entirely” by volunteers.
- Vasudev is a frequent public speaker and has been invited to speak at many prestigious forums and conferences around the world, such as the UN Millennium World Peace Summit, UK House of Lords, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and International Institute for Management Development. He also spoke at the World Economic Forum in 2007, 2017 and 2020.
Physical Status and More
If you want to know anything else about Sadhguru. Please comment below we will try to provide information.