Akshata Murthy Biography, Age, Birth & Family, Career, Physical Status, Early Life and Family and more
Akshata Murthy is famous for being a British based Indian fashion designer. She is married to Rishi Sunak, a British politician who served as Chancellor of the Exchequer from 2020 to 2022. According to reports, She spells her surname different from her father and removes ‘h’ from Murthy.
Akshata Murthy was born in the year 1980 in a Tamil hindu family in Hubli, Karnataka, India. Her father N. R. Narayana Murthy, who is a founder of the Indian multinational IT company Infosys and holds a 0.93% share in the company. Akshata’s mother Sudha Murty an engineer who also worked to launch their technology company, Infosys.
Akshata Murthy did her education from California and studied economics and French at the prestigious Claremont McKenna College. She also has a degree in apparel production from the Institute of Fashion Design and Merchandising. Even holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Stanford University.
|Full Name||Akshata Murthy|
|Date of birth||1980|
|Age||42 years (as of 2022)|
|Place of Birth||Hubli, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Hubli, Karnataka, India|
|Famous for||Being the daughter of Infosys Co-Founder, N. R. Narayana Murthy|
|School||Baldwin Girls High School, Bangalore|
|Daughter’s name||Anoushka Sunak, Krishna Sunak|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in Economics & French|
• Diploma in Apparel Manufacturing Technology
• Master of Business Administration
|College/University||Claremont McKenna College and Stanford University|
|Parents name||Father’s name- N. R. Narayana Murthy|
Mother’s name- Sudha Murthy
|Husband’s name||Rishi Sunak|
- Akshata Murthy did her education from California and studied economics and French at the prestigious Claremont McKenna College. She also has a degree in apparel production from the Institute of Fashion Design and Merchandising.
- In the year 2007, Murty joined a famous Dutch cleantech firm named Tendris as one of its marketing directors, where she worked for two years before leaving to start her own fashion business.
- It was in the year 2013, when she became the director of Indian venture capital fund “Catamaran Ventures” that she officially co-founded with her husband Rishi Sunak.
- Since 2015, Akshata Murthy has owned a 0.93% share of her father’s technology firm Infosys, valued at £700 million and shares in two of Jamie Oliver’s restaurant businesses, like Wendy’s in India, Koro Kids and Digme Fitness.
- She is also a director of “Digme Fitness” and the “Soroco” which her brother Rohan Murthy is co-founder as well.
Physical Status and More
If you want to know anything else about Akshata Murthy. Please comment below we will try to provide information.