Surender Sharma Biography, Age, Birth & Family, Career, Physical Status, Early Life and Family and more
Surender Sharma is a famous Indian writer, Humorist and Poet. He is also very popular for his Haryanvi Dialect “ chaar lainaa suna raha hoon” a refrain. Mr Sharma was bestowed with the Government of India in 2013, with the award of Padma Shri for his contributions to the field of literature.
Surender Sharma was born on 29 July, 1945 in Haryana, India into a Brahmin family. He belongs from small village of Nangal Choudhary of Mahendragarh district, Haryana. He is 77 years old.
Not much is revealed about his parents. Sharma has obtained his commerce degree from Delhi University’s Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC).
|Full Name||Surender Sharma|
|Date of birth||29 July, 1945|
|Profession||Indian poet, Writer, Humorist|
|Place of Birth||Haryana, India|
|Current Residence||Haryana, India|
|Alma mater||Shri Ram College of Commerce|
|Title||Vice President of Hindi Academy|
|Awards||Padma Shri (2013)|
- Surender Sharma graduated from Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) with a degree in commerce.
- At the age of 21, he started performing poetry in 1966 when he was in college, but then started doing it professionally in the 1970s.
- He even uses Haryanvi and Marwari dialect for his humour.
- It was a breakthrough year in 1980 when T-Series released a cassette named Chaar Laina Kavi.
- Surender Sharma was on a daily radio show named “Sharmaji Se Poocho” that used to air on Red FM 93.5 in 2004.
- Under the title of “Ras Kalash” he edited three poems in his nineties.
- He serves as vice president and trustee for the Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology.
- In October 2018, the talented soul served as Vice-Chairman of the Hindi Academy (Delhi Government) and also held a similar role at Haryana Sahitya Academy (Haryana Government).
His Published work includes
- Mansarovar Ke Kauwe
- Buddhimani Ki Moorkhan
- Bade-Badon Ke Utpat
- Mujhse Bhala Na Koy
Awards and Recognition
Apart from Padma Shri, he is also a recipient of Kaka Hathrasi Hasya Samman and Manhar Thahaka Award
Some lesser known facts about Surender Sharma
- The man Surender Sharma is well-known for drawing caricatures of himself and his wife.
- He also worked in theatre and has done many shows and dramas, comedy shows, and he was also known as a poet.
- Surender Sharma’s sudden death was announced to the public when Malkeet Rauni, a Punjabi actor, revealed the news through his Instagram.
- But the news turned out to be fake as he himself took to his social media and announced that the news was fake and he is alive on this heavenly earth.
- He was also very popular for his appearance on the comic reality show India’s Laughter Champion.
- Surender Sharma does have a wife and was skilled at making satirical jokes about her.
- In the year 2013 he was honoured by the Government of India, with the award of Padma Shri for his brilliant contributions to the field of literature.
If you want to know anything else about Surender Sharma. Please comment below we will try to provide information.